With over 30 years of experience producing metal and polymer products, Marine Fenders International, Inc. serves the marine and other industries with a large variety of steelworks solutions. Our design, fabrication, and welding provide solutions with top-notch quality, value, and performance. Examples of these solutions include:
- Ship camels: Ship camels are floating steel structures that provide a standoff distance between vessels and piers and can also be used to distribute vessel berthing load across several fendering pilings.
- Navigational aids: Also known as aids to navigation (ATONs), navigational aids are specifically designed to assist navigators in determining their position or safe course, or to warn them of dangers or obstructions to navigation. Ocean Guard™ navigational buoys and marker buoys consist of a heavy-duty steel central strength member constructed to withstand the toughest environments. Ocean Guard™ land beacons’ robust design and construction provide long-lasting navigational aid.
- Buoy components: Custom-fabricated steel accessories for buoys including Tee tops, pad eyes, stairs, rails, navigational light components, and pedestals.
- Marine Fendering components: Custom-fabricated steel accessories including brackets, chain tensioners, fender panels, pad-eyes, dock plates, etc.
- Dock plates: Heavy-duty dock plates are designed to safely mount camels and fendering systems. Designs include weld-on or bolt-on systems.
- Fabricated Anchors: Plate anchors and other designs for the safe installation of buoys.
- Miscellaneous steel fabrication: Custom steel fabrication for marine and commercial applications.
Additional examples of steelworks can be found on our fendering & mooring hardware page. If you have a request for a different type of steelwork, we can custom-manufacture it using our steel welding and production capabilities.
Choose Steelworks at Marine Fenders International, Inc.
Marine Fenders International, Inc. is an expert in marine buoyancy and fendering systems. Our innovations in polyurethane elastomers and steelworks have made us a leading global supplier. We manufacture the highest quality products with the lowest cost materials in the world. As a member of the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) fendering task group, we are responsible for co-authoring future specifications in marine fendering.
Our engineering staff has customized solutions for the harshest environments, including the Delong Pier at Thule Air Base in Greenland and ferry terminals in Alaska. Our client base includes the U.S. Navy as well as foreign navies, private ports, and commercial docks.